Mobilize Maine is all about leveraging our strengths and competitive advantages. In collaboration with the seven federally designated economic development districts across the state achievable results are the hallmark of our working together.
Here is how we work:
- Focus on creating good paying jobs
- Driven by local leadership in partnership with Maine’s Economic Development Districts
- Asset vs. Needs approach
- Measurable goals
- Achievable results
Here is how we do it:
- Define regional uniqueness, one size does not fit all
- Is a consistent economic development approach, across all regions of the state
- Invites strong private sector participation
- Is Grassroots based, a bottom’s up approach
- Results oriented, action driven
Hundreds of local business, civic and community citizens across this state are currently engaged in MM activities and are taking control of their own regional economies. We are focused on leveraging unique assets that are within each region’s control, building on clusters found in each region and connecting these assets across political and geographic boundaries.
MM utilizes measurable economic indicators that allow local leadership teams to benchmark their local economies, set five-year goals and use a consistent set of metrics in all 7 regions.
In addition, regional teams are empowered to seize on opportunities immediately and achieve short-term wins as the process uncovers them.